Each one of us can really help and contribute.. How ?? In two simple steps... 1) Read the below article and 2) Send this link ( http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/07/go-green-initiative-for-we-have-only.html ) via email to friends, family, colleagues or anyone you know who can help spread the message.
So are you going to support us in spreading the message ??
Global Warming - An Eye opener..
We only have one Earth and we have to do our best to take care of her... read through 10 things that you could do to save our planet.
1. Replace a regular incandescent light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb (cfl)
CFLs use 60% less energy than a regular bulb. This simple switch will save about 300 pounds of carbon dioxide a year.
2. Do not leave appliances on standby
Use the "on/off" function on the machine itself. A TV set that's switched on for 3 hours a day (the average time Europeans spend watching TV) and in standby mode during the remaining 21 hours uses about 40% of its energy in standby mode.
3. Use the washing machine or dishwasher only when they are full
If you need to use it when it is half full, then use the half-load or economy setting. There is also no need to set the temperatures high. Nowadays detergents are so efficient that they get your clothes and dishes clean at low temperatures.
4. Reuse your shopping bag
When shopping, it saves energy and waste to use a reusable bag instead of accepting a disposable one in each shop. Waste not only discharges CO2 and methane into the atmosphere, it can also pollute the air, groundwater and soil.
5. Buy organic foods as much as possible
Organic soils capture and store carbon dioxide at much higher levels than soils from conventional farms. If we grew all of our corn and soybeans organically, we’d remove 580 billion pounds of carbon dioxide from the atmosphere!
6. Reduce the number of miles you drive by walking, biking, carpooling or taking mass transit wherever possible
Avoiding just 10 miles of driving every week would eliminate about 500 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions a year! Look for transit options in your area.
7. Drive carefully and do not waste fuel
You can reduce CO2 emissions by readjusting your driving style. Choose proper gears, do not abuse the gas pedal, use the engine brake instead of the pedal brake when possible and turn off your engine when your vehicle is motionless for more than one minute. By readjusting your driving style you can save money on both fuel and car mantainance.
8. Protect and conserve forest worldwide
Forests play a critial role in global warming: they store carbon. When forests are burned or cut down, their stored carbon is release into the atmosphere - deforestation now accounts for about 20% of carbon dioxide emissions each year.
9. Move your fridge and freezer
Placing them next to the cooker or boiler consumes much more energy than if they were standing on their own. For example, if you put them in a hot cellar room where the room temperature is 30-35ºC, energy use is almost double and causes an extra 160kg of CO2 emissions for fridges per year and 320kg for freezers.
10. And of all the very important part, you spreading the message to fellow citizen of the world. Your first step really counts... So copy the below link ( http://askwiki.blogspot.com/2008/07/go-green-initiative-for-we-have-only.html )and spread the word or Click Here to email. And if you are a blogger or can publish contends online join our 'Go Green Initiative" copy this HTML code and paste it on your website.
Thanks for your valuable support, let Go Green to provide a better future to our childrens.. Comments and suggestions always welcome
- Technology News
- Tech Companies
- Featured Articles
- Askwiki Author