release of Mozilla Firefox 3 is through. I managed to get my hands on this beta 3 version and here is my quick review on whats new in this latest version of Firefox.
1. New Download Manager: Firefox 3 now has a new download manager add-on that displays where the downloaded files coming from.
2. Auto-complete feature: While typing in letters or a website URL in the address bar, a pull down menu displays URLs with the favicon next to it. By clicking on it directs the user to the website URL. This speeds up navigation using the browser itself.
3. Bookmarking Button: This feature is similar to the Internet Explorer 7.0. By clicking on the star once saves it as a bookmark and a second click actually allows users to file and tag the bookmarks.
4. Malware Protection: A new Malware feature displays a warning when entering a web site that is known for intalling viruses, spyware, and malware. So this would be beneficial if you are fond of surfing new websites.
5. Single click website details: When clicking on the favicon next to the website URL on the address bar, Firefox 3 relocates users to see who owns the particular website.
6. Speed: The speed is faster. Firefox uses Cairo, an API that advances 2D drawing load-time.
To download the Windows version click here
More info could be found at the official release note here.
In the coming days one can expect Mozilla to develop in the Internet messaging area as well as in the web browsing side. So very soon one can expect to hear about Thunderbird 3, and when its does AskWiki would review it.
Friends i am eagerly awaiting your opinions and views about this release and also on my review, please do post in your views below.
- Technology News
- Tech Companies
- Featured Articles
- Askwiki Author