On 12th December we have launched Skype 2.2 Beta for Windows Mobile devices. It support now Smartphone"s and has enhanced support for Pocket PC devices.
Now available for Smartphone"s powered by Windows Mobile software, as well as Pocket PCs, including those using lower-power processors, the latest incarnation of Skype software further extends Skype use beyond desktop or notebook computers.
Key features and benefits in Skype 2.2 for Windows Mobile beta include:
* NEW: Support for Windows Mobile smartphones and more Pocket PC devices;
* NEW: Enhanced today/home screen: presence status, event notification (missed calls, new chat messages and voicemails);
* NEW: Proxy support: Supports regular HTTP or HTTPS proxies, and authenticating HTTPS/SSL and SOCKS5 proxies
* Skype calling features: Free Skype-to-Skype calls, support for SkypeOut, SkypeIn™, voicemail and call forwarding;
* User-friendly look and feel: As easy and familiar as using Skype on a computer;
* One-click Skype access: A Skype icon on the home screen lets users view and call contacts easily;
* Multi-person chat: Users can have multichat sessions using animated emoticons. When mobile users are offline, chat messages will automatically update the next time user logs in;
* Enhanced contact list: Users can see their contacts avatars and mood messages;
* Profile personalization: Users can take a picture with the camera on their mobile device and immediately update their profile.
- Technology News
- Tech Companies
- Featured Articles
- Askwiki Author