The device also supports optional expandable memory up to 4GB using microSD, which is enough space for full length movies or hours of music. The Motorola Z8 MOTORIZR runs the Symbian UIQ 9.1 operating system. The Z8 has an impressive feature list, including a 2.0 megapixel camera, a 2.2 inch QVGA screen supporting up to 16 million colours, and support for HSDPA, the mobile broadband service that offers download speeds of up to 3.6mbps. The design of the Z8 is unique among current handsets, when the slide is fully extended the Z8 curves to fit the contours of your face. Inevitably comparisons are drawn to the Nokia ‘banana’ phone of years gone by. Video playback is at 30 fps offering a very smooth and enjoyable viewing experience.
In addition to the video playback options, Motorola have also enhanced the media capabilities on the handset by including the Sky By Mobile service on the phone. This allows SKY subscribers to log into their account from the phone, view the full SKY program guide, access news and sports stories, and you can even set your SKY+ box to record programs whilst you are out and about. And if that is not enough, you can stream SKY channels to the handset over 3G.
Check out this quick first hand video review from CG
SUMMARY OF FEATURES:
• Unique ergonomic slider design
• Up to approximately five hours 3G talk time, up to approximately 16 days standby time³
• 3.6Mbps HSDPA providing mobile broadband¹
• 2 megapixel camera with 8x zoom and lumi LED light, video record and playback capabilities
• Approximately 90 MB free internal user memory4, optional expandable to 4GB with microSD
• Messaging: SMS, EMS, MMS 1.2¹
• Integrated media player
• Redesigned user interface with one-click access to phone functions
• A2DP AVRCP Bluetooth stereo profiles¹
The MOTORIZR Z8 is expected to be available in the first half of 2007.